We are ever mindful of Jesus’ admonition, “You shall love the Lord with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, “You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” (Matthew 22:37-39)
Our mission is to equip, prepare, and encourage parishioners of all ages to demonstrate God’s love to individuals in our local community by meeting their fundamental needs. To do this, the Local Mission Committee promotes volunteer participation in, and material support for, the efforts of the parish and its partner organizations. Our outreach assistance is primarily in the areas of food, clothing, shelter, and community.
The outreach activities based at All Saints include the following:
All Saints Church Thrift Shop
The Thrift Shop ministers to the community through outreach and social interaction. The shop gives away a limited amount of clothing to the homeless and needy people who are referred by a priest, social service agency, or recognized charitable organization. It is sponsored by the Women of All Saints. For more information about the Thrift Shop, click here.
Through the generosity of parishioners, we are able to provide nutritious, balanced, ready-to-eat lunches to walk-in visitors who need them. Our Sunday School and Preschool children occasionally make cards that we include in these lunches, feeding souls as well as bodies. If you would like to contribute food to this effort, please contribute non-perishable, ready-to-eat items that require no heating or special utensils. Contributions can be left in the church office.
A basket of toiletries, including samples that travelling parishioners have collected, is available in the office for walk-in visitors who need them. If you would like to contribute, please bring your donation to the office.
The Local Missions Committee members work with the following service organizations by tutoring, making and serving meals, donating clothing and money, sponsoring drives, and repairing houses.
• A Wider Circle
• Central Union Mission
• Christ House
• Friendship Place
• Interfaith Works, including Community Based Shelter in Rockville
• Martha’s Table
• Rebuilding Together (formerly Christmas in April)
• Samaritan Ministry of Greater Washington
We enthusiastically welcome new members to join with us in this ministry. Whatever your gifts, talents, abilities, or interests, God has a place for you to apply them that will transform both other lives and your own. Many volunteer activities are available for individuals and families. Often our outreach activities include volunteer time and talent from both youth and children.
- Rebuilding Together, One Saturday every April – Come join us for a work day of fun, faith, and helping out a neighbor in need. To volunteer: Contact the church office, 301-654-2488.
- Week of Meals, One week every June – Help provide meals, particularly dinners, for the 37 residents of the Community Based Shelter, Rockville. To volunteer: Contact the church office, 301-654-2488.
- Christ House Meals, 4th Sunday of every month – Join the team that provides meals to the 70+ residents of Christ House. To volunteer: Contact the church office, 301-654-2488.
- Donate toiletries or food (non-perishable) to the All Saints Church pantry.
- Volunteer at the Thrift Shop.
- Pray for the people we serve, for all of us who serve them, and for God’s grace and compassion to extend to our entire community.
- The Local Mission Committee meets the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Shireen David, Director of Mission & Outreach, 301-654-2488 ext.244