Local Outreach Report 2015
With our Rector’s emphasis that, “When the Church is in mission; the Church is being the church“, we have witnessed an ever-increasing and awe-inspiring spirit of giving. It is seen both in one-on-one interactions and in the collective efforts of our parishioners. Our recent collective efforts (by sector) include:
- Fed over 6,300 of our neighbors in need in a combined effort between All Saints Church and the Rotary Clubs of Bethesda through the Feed 1000+ Thanksgiving Turkeys and Dinner program.
- Provided a week of meals (770 total, June) to 37 women at the Community Based Shelter, Rockville
- Supplied a month of cookies (February) to the children of the Episcopal Center for Children
- Prepared dinner for the 70 residents of Christ House (monthly)
- Provided a marvelous turkey dinner to Friendship Place guests by parishioner Jill Watson and her Somerset Brownie troop
- Distributed daily offerings from our food pantry to those who come in need of a meal
- Provided over 500 hours of TLC to brighten and repair the home of a beloved parish family through Rebuilding Together—our 32nd year of participation
- Actively participated with the Central Union Mission, Christ House, Friendship Place, Samaritan Ministry, Community Based Shelter for Women, and A Wider Circle
- Sponsored clothing drives (winter jackets and sweats) for Central Union Mission and Christ House
- Provided backpacks with school supplies (in August) for 34 school children – donated through Central Union Mission
- Provided volunteers to Christ House, Central Union Mission, and Friendship Place (yearlong).
- Visited shut-ins and help those in need within our parish via Visiting Ministers and Stephen Ministers.
- Provided Christmas donations through the Angel Tree Project to families in need.